Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Site Visit!~

Last sat, my company that I had internship in organized a site visit to the project that they are currently working on. It was a sunny day. But I’m smart enough to prevent myself from sunburn by 1st, applying sun block and 2nd, wearing a sweater to prevent my delicate hand from sunburn. Hehe. Here are some of the pics that are taken on site.

I looked so funny in the safety head lol. Look as if my head is so big. Haha..

The site people brought us to have a look at the retaining wall near the river. This thing is called the geotube. It is said to protect the side of the land from corrosion. Rather than using sheet pile walls, geotube is used here.

Next up here, the pumping of water at the side of the land to lower down the water level so we can have a look at the geotube.
We were climbing up the wobbly stairs, which are made of wood just to reach here.

During the site visit, the engineers keep on asking me this question. “Are u sure u wanna be a civil engineer?” haha..




No comments: