Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Who's Got the MOnKey?


Sorry as there’s no pic update in this blog yet as I had just sent my hp to repair due to some backlight prob. Well, cheer up as lots of pics will be coming your way. Currently, I’m working on myself proclaim project of re-engineering of myself.

Recently, I’ve been a shopaholic. I keep on buying and buying things that I assume that I need it and I love it. Last month, I had spent a lot on cosmetics and clothes and I’ve just got my new hair cut and I love it. I’ll post the pic of it after I got my phone back from repair,k?

And Yahoo!~ This is the last week I’ll be working as a trainee. I’ve learned not to take any monkey from people haha. Let me explain the monkey that I’m referring too. One of my university’s lecturer gave an article to us, “Who’s got the monkey?”. There’s 2 type of manager in the office. One is so called the smart one and the other is not so as in management.

Mr. A and Mr. B are manager for a top company. As a manager, there’s of course subordinates who are under them. Let say both of the company has a new business deal and work are coming in for them.

Mr. A and Mr. B has broken the work into small tasks for their subordinates. They gave all these tasks to the subordinates in the beginning of the week. From this, the monkeys are jumping from the back of Mr. A and Mr. B to the back of the subordinates.

As the outcome of the tasks are hard to achieve, the subordinates are cracking their head to solve the problems. Any till Friday, the last day of working day of the week, they still can’t find the solutions. So, they went and meet Mr.A for solutions. Mr. A as a good boss told them he’ll look into this matter and try to solve them. So, all the monkeys from the subordinates back jumped back to Mr. A’s back.As a manager himself, Mr. A has yet to finish all the tasks that he suppose to but having more monkeys on his back simply means he need to work on sat. There he go, going back to work on sat. Even going back to work on sat, doesn’t mean he can manage to finish all the tasks as the monkeys from his back is not only from one subordinates but more than that. SO at the end of the day, as he drive back home from work worrying bout his tasks, GUESS WHAT HE SAW? HE SAW HIS SUBORDINATES PLAYING GOLF AND ENJOYING THEMSELVES.

And as for Mr. B, he also encounter the same problems from his subordinates. When his subordinates meet him, he’ll encourage them to find solutions to it and he’ll discuss with them on Monday if there is still a problem. From these, the monkeys are still stuck on the back of the subordinates and never being transfer to the back of Mr. B.

So, who’s the smart manager? Of course, it’s Mr. B. This story teaches us NEVER EVER TAKE MONKEYS FROM SOMEONE ELSE”S BACK unless that’s what u suppose to do and if only the monkey are from the back of your boss.

As a trainee, my job is to learn something, which is related to engineering line itself. But I had came across people, who ask me to type things and photocopy things, which I think is not relevant to what I suppose to do. At first, I feel it’s ok for me to do it but later on, one of my colluege told me I wasn’t suppose to do it as it’s the job the person himself as I suppose to learn calculations from someother engineers. After I think about it, There’s someone I’ve seen who likes to order people to do things even its not bout the work of the office and they are not even someone who can call the shot.

No matter what, I also have meet nice people who help me through my days at work. Admin people are nice people though and also two of the engineers from the structural side who taught me how to design the house. They taught me a lot in the line of engineering. They told me the pay is shity. Haha. Working for people is like that. That’s how the boss can be the only one who is rich. They had asked me whether I’m interested in working there. I said no as I had more than that in my head. Not as in, helping other people who pay u less and order u around to be rich.

Although I’ve yet to complete the design of the house, but one day, somehow I want to design my own dream house. Again, hopefully. Haha.

Someone told me my blog is boring. Does it? Well, I’m just not someone who like to take pics of myself only unless I’m pretty enough. Haha.


the pic above taken from thomasodin.blogspot.com

No comments: