Monday, October 27, 2008

Public Transports

Ever since I came for my studies last year, I become a frequent travellers of public transports here. Although the services are not as good as the one they have in Singapore, but no complains can be made though. With the locations of my uni, which is practically in the mid of nowhere, should be called Nothingham instead of Nottingham lol, I'm pretty much blessed with the existence of my uni bus services, which the uni provide for us for free although it's actually included in my uni fees, which is very expensive if to be compare locally. My uni buses operate everyday with the frequency trips of every one or two hour, from the local train station ( 45 mins to or from my uni) to my campus.

The local trains, known as KTM here, looked a bit old but they played a very important role to get me to the city of Kuala Lumpur. EVenthough the whole journey takes around one and a half hour from my campus to KL, but I's get used to it. :)

As for the local buses, they are mostly not on time lol.. but the bus ticket is considered cheap which is around rm2 to take you anywhere for the whole day without regard to where you wanna go on the same day.

As for the taxis, hmm.. Malaysia has the worst taxi drivers on average.. It's hard to find a taxi driver, who drive following meter. Most of them are like gangster on roads, driving recklessly and trying to slaughter you by charging you expensively. But there are still some out there, who are nice and charge accordingly. So, it's all depend on your lucks.

But nevertheless, I'm still glad that the public transports is quite efficient. Without them , I'll be blowing my budget and stuck in the Nothingham every week lol.. Oopss.. It's Nottingham.. :)




No comments: