Sunday, May 25, 2008

Weird stuff...

I went to this restaurant as Subang with HIM for dinner and guess what is on their menu...

Guess what is this!~!~ U'll be FREAK OUT!~!~ It looks weird right?? I mean the shape.. Kinda remind me of smth But I can't think of what it is.. Well, u can just figure it out and tell me... And it's in a big big white glass container some more..



It's not only a few in the glass container.. But there are 4 big glass contaners with those things in it.. eww.. kinda gross isn't it... Who's gonna eat these things... oh... that's why there's a lot in there.. Cause there were left there to grow to this size cause no one actually eat it.. haha...




Well, in the end I got my answer. It's called Geoduck... The restaurant we went is a seafood restaurant so I guess it's also a type of seafood.. But how come I never heard of it in my life... Do u guys ever? And it costs around rm13.80 per 100gm...


Thanks to wikipedia, I had found out that geoduck (pronounced /ˈguːiːdʌk/ "gooey duck"[1]), Panopea abrupta, is a species of large saltwater clam, a marine bivalve mollusk. The shell of this clam is large, about 15 to over 20 cm in length (about 7 to 9 inches), but the tremendously long siphons make the clam itself much longer; the "neck" or siphons alone can be one meter in length. The world's first geoduck fishery was created in 1970, but demand for the semi-forgotten clam was low due to its texture. There are sell in Asia for up to US$65/kg. Geoduck, like shark fin soup and black bear gall bladders, is highly regarded for its psychological attributes. Geoducks is the "enhancement of male performance". No wonder... haha..
The pic below was taken from wikipedia website.



ANd there's this fish.. Super huge also... so scary.. Kinda Look like a snake but it's not.. and it's so huge.. it is as huge as an alligator.. hmmm... weird weird.. who's gonna eat it.. The black dot on the fish was actually the eye.. And I was so dumb that HE told me it's the ear of the fish.. LOL..

1 comment:

NottyAngelWen said...

eerrrmmmm... looks like.... *shy* hahha~~
btw... where is this???? never been there b4...